Home School Families
Use your Enrichment Funds for 3D Printing
How to enroll your home schooled child in our class?
Request Voucher for $275
or Enrichment certificate or Purchase Order from your charter school for any month
Send us an email letting us know that your purchase is authorized by your school network
We will send you a link to book your class sessions.
Home School Class Description
THIS IS AN ONLINE CLASS
3D modeling skills will be taught using the online software TinkerCAD (free to use). Topics covered will be basic Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, object orientation, 3D model slicing, and material settings for 3d printing.
Outline Class agenda:
- Introduction to TinkerCad tools
- Shaping your 3D model
- Slicing your 3D model
- Orienting your 3D model on the printer build plate
- Preparing it for printing
- Demonstration of a 3D print
- You do NOT need to create an account on TinkerCAD. Our instructor will provide you with a class code and/or link to join. This does not require you to enter any personal information.
- A 3D printer is not required to participate in this class. Your instructor will demonstrate how you can print remotely during the class session.
- Competency in using a computer and basic web browsing skills are essential. Students who have difficulty navigating the internet or using the computer may need help from an adult or responsible guardian.
- Purchase of a print of your finished CAD design is optional. Your instructor will explain how you can prepare your design to print remotely during the class and provide a link where you can upload your design and purchase a print if desired.
- This class has 5 sessions that take place within the calendar month. After your child’s seat is confirmed, your instructor will get in touch to book the sessions.
- All software will be accessed online so ensure that the latest version of a web browser like Chrome or Firefox is installed on the computer. Other browsers are not recommended.
- A computer with Windows or Apple operating systems is preferred.
- If the student uses a Chromebook, additional support may be needed during class. For example, if links are not clickable in Zoom chat when using a Chromebook the student will need help to cut and paste that into a web browser.
- Touch screen tablets or phones cannot be used for this class.
- A wired or wireless mouse is preferred. Touchpads can be challenging for first time students while they work on CAD.
Home School FAQ
Most frequently asked questions and answers
Our special internet-connected 3D printers can be entirely controlled through a web browser. Each printer is also equipped with a web-camera that shows the progress of a print visually via video.
The cost of printing is NOT included since it varies based on designs made by each student.
Please see class description above for details of what is included in this class.
No. Our membership plans are paid using a monthly subscription. These are not available for home school families paying through vouchers/enrichment certificate/purchase orders.
Please visit the families page for details. Note that vouchers/enrichment certificates/purchase orders cannot be used to purchase membership plans.
No. However students can purchase additional prints. Estimate the cost of prints using this page.
We ship within 2 business days after your 3d model is fabricated.